Climate change affects us all, even our furry friends. Here at Wicklow Pet Hotel we are committed to going green and we are always looking at innovative ways we can improve our impact on the environment. At the moment we use sustainable products whenever possible, and for our online pet store we have gathered together the newest and best products made from sustainable, recycled materials. We are the first in Ireland to stock Project Blu’s sustainable and affordable pet range. We are also the largest Irish stockist of Beco’s environmentally-friendly cat and dog items and we stock all of Ancol’s new eco-friendly range. We use and re-use recyclable packaging too so you may receive your purchases in a cardboard box that is living its best life and travelling around the country…again! By making small changes throughout our lives, we can all start to make a difference. Presented in a beautiful, large woven water hyacinth basket that can be used and reused in your home for years before being allowed to break down naturally, the PAWS for the Planet hamper is a great starter pack for starting down the path of greener pet care, curated with the medium or large dog in mind. It consists mainly of Beco products, with a couple eco-conscious treats. Beco are committed to eco-conscious packaging and manufacturing to reduce their carbon footprint. They source as locally as possible to their factories to keep down road miles and they support sustainable initiatives and innovation.
The PAWS for the Planet hamper includes:
- A beautiful, large woven water hyacinth open-top basket with a natural finish that would make a great addition to any interior, suiting a variety of display or storage purposes.
- A classic Beco bamboo bowl, sturdy and biodegradable in natural colour to suit any home.
- A Beco bamboo food scoop in vibrant blue, dyed with natural food dyes.
- A bamboo poo bag dispenser designed to slip into a pocket or onto a lead.
- A pack of poo bags made from compostable corn starch.
- A Beco knotted hemp rope for interactive or independent play. Hemp is a densely growing crop produced through low-impact farming. The hemp fibre cleans the teeth during play.
- A Beco Pets Sindy the Starfish made from 100% post-consumer plastic that might otherwise end up in landfill or polluting our oceans. This Rough and Tough toy is double-sided and is hardy enough to chew and wrestle yet soft enough to cuddle.
- A Beco Pets Tommy the Turtle made from 100% post-consumer plastic that might otherwise end up in landfill or polluting our oceans. This Rough and Tough toy is double-sided and is hardy enough to chew yet soft enough to cuddle.
- A pack of Soopa Peanut Butter and Banana Dental Sticks, made here in Ireland with a dog’s nutritional needs a priority and packaged in recyclable cardboard.
- A pack of Naturediet Feel Good Natural Chicken Treats, made with a high meat content and responsibly sourced ingredients and packaged in a recyclable tetra pak.